- 14-Feb-2017 to 15-Apr-2017 (EST)
- Lake Ridge, VA, USA
- Full Time
Westminster at Lake Ridge is a premier Continuing Care Retirement Community serving older adults in three levels of service: Independent Living, Assisted Living and a Health Center. Our team of roughly 270 total employees serves a population of over 400 total residents on 62 acres that back up to the Occoquan reservoir.
This is a great opportunity to join a mission-oriented organization and engaged leadership team that strives to make a difference in the lives of others.
We are currently seeking a compassionate Registered Nurse to join our Nursing Center on a full time basis for different shifts and every other weekend. We rely on our RN's to provide quality nursing care to our residents.
- Administer medication and treatment to residents as prescribed by care team.
- Fills physician orders on a daily basis, transcribes all physician orders in a timely manner and ensures accuracy.
- Conducts morning and evening rounds.
- Utilizes CNA's as needed in conducting rounds and assessing resident needs.
- Ensures CNA's are providing appropriate care with each resident.
- Understands and participates in resident care treatment plans to include medication, therapy and testing.
- Maintains the resident's chart with updated information and ensures data is accurate.
- Reviews medication records for completeness and accuracy in the transcription of physician orders and adherence to stop order policies.
- Notifies physician and family members of any significant changes in resident's health or care plan status.
- Creates and distributes resident care and staff reports to the DON and appropriate staff.
- Conducts narcotic count and maintains inventory of all medications.
- Acts as a supervisor during their shift, ensuring productivity, efficiency and accuracy of work delivered.
- Ensures all nurses are properly trained to perform duties and are attending all mandatory trainings and meetings.
- Monitors staffing needs and reports any requirements in a timely manner.
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing
- At least one (1) year long term care nursing experience
- An active/current Registered Nurse license in Virginia
- Must have advanced knowledge in field of practice
- Must be knowledgeable of practices and procedures as well as the laws, regulations and guidelines