- 21-Feb-2017 to 22-Apr-2017 (EST)
- Dining Services
- Lake Ridge, VA, USA
- Full Time
Westminster at Lake Ridge is a premier Continuing Care Retirement Community serving older adults in three levels of service: Independent Living, Assisted Living and a Health Center. Our team of roughly 270 total employees serves a population of over 400 total residents on 62 acres that back up to the Occoquan reservoir.
We are currently seeking for an energetic full time Hot Production Cook. Our Hot Production Cooks have a high school diploma or a general education degree (GED) with at least one (1) year of relevant experience.
This position is responsible for preparing breakfast, lunch and dinner meals for our residents following standardized recipes under the direct supervision of the Sous Chef and Executive Chef.
- Prepares food for residents and guests for each meal period throughout the day in a timely manner.
- Follows standardized recipes set by the Executive Chef.
- Maintains high standards of quality food production and portion control in food preparation and serving.
- Monitors food temperatures to ensure all food is in compliance with state and federal health regulations.
- Acts as a leader of assigned position, ensuring productivity, efficiency and accuracy in work performed.
- Cleans cooking areas and other kitchen equipment at the beginning and end of each meal period ensuring the highest level of sanitation is met.
- Conducts daily check of refrigerators and freezers to ensure food has been properly stored and labeled.
Additional duties include:
- Records cleaning duties in log book, reports any cleaning and sanitation concerns in a timely manner.
- Checks all machinery, equipment and appliances are in proper working order.
- Reports all hazardous conditions or equipment and of all accidents / incidents to the Executive Chef.
- Knowledge of food preparation and hot meal production.
- Familiarity with sanitation principles "clean as you go".
- Ability to follow recipes and food preparation instructions.
- Good communication skills; must be able to demonstrate effective reading, writing, speaking in the English language.
- Must be a detail oriented person and be able to perform duties with great accuracy each day.
- Must be able to work overtime, holidays, weekends as assigned.
This is a great opportunity to join a mission-oriented organization and engaged leadership team that strives to make a difference in the lives of others.