- 21-Feb-2017 to 22-Apr-2017 (EST)
- Dining Services
- Lake Ridge, VA, USA
- Part Time
Westminster at Lake Ridge is a premier Continuing Care Retirement Community serving older adults in three levels of service: Independent Living, Assisted Living and a Health Center. Our team of roughly 270 total employees serves a population of over 400 total residents on 62 acres that back up to the Occoquan reservoir.
We are currently seeking customer service oriented Dining Servers on a part time basis. Our servers must have at least completed 2 years of high school with some experience in dining services. They regularly interact with our residents in a positive and professional manner.
This position requires at least 16 hours a week of regular attendance to the assigned shift. Our servers are walking and/or standing during their shift and are required to carry at least 40 pounds on a loaded tray.
Server tasks include:
- Greeting residents and their guests in a professional manner as they enter the dining room.
- Taking food and beverage orders.
- Serving meals to residents in proper fine dining fashion.
- Busing tables as needed.
- Completing daily set up procedures for dining room.
- Completing routine cleaning of dining room areas as directed by cleaning schedule or as otherwise directed by the Dining Supervisor or Manager.
- Serve and set up function rooms for special events.
Additional duties include:
- Maintenance of confidentiality of all pertinent resident information to assure residents' rights and confidentiality are protected
- Reporting of all hazardous conditions or equipment and of all accidents / incidents.
- Attendance and participation in in-service training (IST) programs.
- Good communication skills; must be able to demonstrate effective reading, writing, speaking in the English language.
- Must be a detail oriented person and be able to perform duties with great accuracy each day.
- Must be able to work overtime, holidays, weekends as assigned.
- Majority of time spent walking and carrying objects.
- Considerable time spent bending, reaching, and lifting.
- Must be knowledgeable of correct procedure for lifting and carrying tray of plates, glasses, and utensils, up to 40 pounds.
This is a great opportunity to join a mission-oriented organization and engaged leadership team that strives to make a difference in the lives of others.