- 31-Mar-2017 to 30-May-2017 (EST)
- Lake Ridge, VA, USA
- Part Time
Westminster at Lake Ridge is a premier Continuing Care Retirement Community serving older adults in three levels of service: Independent Living, Assisted Living and a Health Center. Our team of roughly 270 total employees serves a population of over 400 total residents on 62 acres that back up to the Occoquan reservoir.
We are currently seeking a caring and energetic part time Dietary Aide. Our Dietary Aides have a high school diploma or a general education degree (GED) with at least 6 months of experience in service and nutrition. They regularly interact with our residents in a positive and professional manner.
This position performs a variety of dietary job tasks to provide three nutritional meals daily to Assisted Living (AL) and Health Care (HC) under direct supervision of Dietary Supervisor.
Dietary job tasks include:
- Preparing items for meal periods
- Maintaining sanitary and safe tray line assembly
- Serving residents restaurant style from select menus
- Ensures all trays are accurate and meet nutritional needs of residents
- Accurately logs food temperatures for the Nursing Unit and the Assisted Living Unit, for each meal service
- Responsible for assigned station, and respective duties, on the resident tray line.
Additional duties include:
- Maintenance of confidentiality of all pertinent resident information to assure residents' rights and employee confidentiality are protected
- Reporting of all hazardous conditions or equipment and of all accidents / incidents.
- Attendance and participation in in-service training (IST) programs.
- Good communication skills; must be able to demonstrate effective reading, writing, speaking in the English language.
- Must be a detail oriented person and be able to perform duties with great accuracy each day.
- Must be able to work overtime, holidays, weekends as assigned.
- Majority of time spent walking and carrying objects.
- Considerable time spent bending, reaching, and lifting.
- Must be knowledgeable of correct procedure for lifting and carrying tray of plates, glasses, and utensils, up to 40 pounds.
This is a great opportunity to join a mission-oriented organization and engaged leadership team that strives to make a difference in the lives of others.