- 31-Mar-2017 to 30-May-2017 (EST)
- Lakeridge, VA, USA
- Part Time
Westminster at Lake Ridge is a premier Continuing Care Retirement Community serving older adults in three levels of service: Independent Living, Assisted Living and a Health Center. Roughly 270 total employees serve a population of over 400 total residents on 62 acres that back up to the Occoquan reservoir.
This is a great opportunity to join a mission-oriented organization and engaged leadership team that strives to make a difference in the lives of others. We are currently searching for a part time Bus/Van driver to join our team.
The ideal candidate should have a high school diploma or a general education degree (GED), with at least seven (7) years driving experience and a valid Virginia driver's license. Commercial Driver's License (CDL) preferred.
The candidate should be able to:
- Provide a driving record with no moving violations within the past three (3) years.
- Work comfortably with residents who are elderly, ill and/or disabled.
- Provide a current CPR/First Aide
Our drivers are responsible for:
- Transporting residents to designated locations (doctor appointments, airports, outings) within the DC, Maryland and Virginia area.
- Assisting our residents on and off the vehicle with medical equipment (quad-cane, wheelchairs, etc).
- Ensuring vehicle(s) are clean and in to running condition at all times. Reports any needed repairs to supervisor.
- Obeying traffic laws while demonstrating a professional and courteous demeanor at all times.